The ENST-Drums database is a large and varied research database for automatic drum transcription and processing:
- Three professional drummers specialized in different music genres were recorded.
- Total duration of audio material recorded per drummer is around 75 minutes.
- Each drummer played his own drum kit.
- Each sequence used either sticks, rods, brushes or mallets to increase the diversity of drum sounds.
- The drum kits themselves are varied, ranging from a small, portable, kit with two toms and 2 cymbals, suitable for jazz and latin music ; to a larger rock drum set with 4 toms and 5 cymbals.
Each sequence is recorded on 8 individual audio channels, is filmed from two angles, and is fully annotated.
Detailed web site: http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~grichard/ENST-drums/
- ENST-Drums: an extensive audio-visual database for drum signals processing, Olivier Gillet and Gaël Richard, In Proc of ISMIR’06, Victoria, Canada, 2006.